Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Recreate Blog

HI..I decided to recreate this blog. I'm moving it away from a semi-professional blog, and just letting it be whatever is on my mind: rambles, rants or raves.

This weekend I saw V for Vendetta. I really enjoyed it. I should've written right after watching it. I had lots of fresh ideas in my mind about it: about terrorism, corrupt governments, vigilantes. The fine line between an idea which calls for anarchy and mass destruction against corruption for a very just cause (if there ever is such a cause for those things) and anarchy and terrorism against government one feels too powerful and controlling. Unfortunately though, those thoughts have mostly faded now. The movie was great. I liked V's character a lot. Natalie Portman...I used to really enjoy her (Beautiful Girls, Heat), but lately she's playing the same annoying role in almost all movies (Star Wars, Garden State, V). I haven't seen her in Up close and Personal though...so I can't say much, but I still think she's got huge potential. I saw bits of Batman Begins again too. I do enjoy the epic good vs bad story. Especially when it's done well. And Christian Bale. Can't decide if he has taken over Michael Keaton as my favorite Batman, but he is great. I guess this became a movie post.

Work is finally going well. I am getting a good amount of protein from this purification so far. It's very promising. It's exciting to go in and know things are happening as they should be without any great surprises or mistakes. I really need to focus on my Oral Qualifying Exams. I've been procrastinating so much that June is looking impossible to get them done by. But they should be interesting. I'm fairly certain that I have my topic down, now I just need to think of experiments.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandgroper said...

Thanks for writing on the blog. Do visit off and on, and we promise to return the favor.

Haven't seen any of the movies you mentioned (yes.. that includes star wars) so cannot comment on Natalie Portman.

We miss the people that we knew in LA. We miss them a lot. Not the city though. The coffee table book takes good care of that!!!

Cheers,
C

3:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home