Monday, April 17, 2006

Malibu Hike

We went for an amazing hike in Malibu yesterday: the Sandstone Peak - Mishe Mokwa trail. It was beautiful. There were 360 degree views at Inspiration Point and we had a clear view of the ocean and Catalina. It was a medium level of difficulty hike, and I realized how out of shape I am. My heart definitely needs exercise. The vegetation was very diverse and incredibly lush because of the recent rains. We felt as if we had been transported from the urban machine that is Los Angeles to somewhere far more isolated and pristine. At times, both Sumit and myself felt as if we were in Hawaii again. We also saw a rock climber tackling Echo Cliffs. We stopped midway and had an "Easter picnic" with the friends we had gone with. All in all it was a very enjoyable experience that helped me remember how much I love the outdoors and how much natural beauty abounds around Los Angeles.

2 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Hey, Cute pic!! Looks like you guys made the most of the long weekend.

8:25 AM

 
Blogger Meghna said...

Thank you! I worked all day Saturday, and neither of us had Monday or Friday off for Easter. I didn't even know there was a long weekend!!! The hike was awesome though. Made up for Saturday.

11:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home