Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My weekend...

Indian Aunty I barely know: Wow Pinky...you've really put on weight.
Me: Yeah, I know it's just been so busy lately, I haven't had time to get to the gym
Indian Aunty I barely know: No but I mean you've put on a lot of weight
Me: Yeah I guess I have...
Indian Aunty I barely know: Because you should really watch what you eat
Me: Umm...ok...
Indian Aunty I barely know: I mean you don't want to be older and overweight, it'll just become harder to lose
Me: I guess you're right...[trying to change the subject]...so how are your daughters doing in school?
Indian Aunty I barely know: Because you know no one told me when I put on a lot of weight...
Me: Really? Because everyone tells me....and I actually am aware of it
Indian Aunty I barely know: How many pounds have you gained?
Third-party observer: Will you please get off her case?
Indian Aunty I barely know (to 3rd party observer)
: Why don't you mind your own business?
RIGHT....

Later in the weekend:

Me: Hi Aunty!! How are you?
Indian Aunty I barely know #2: Oh hi! I barely recognized you.
Me: Yeah, I guess I do look different.
Indian Aunty I barely know #2: Yes you do. Are you expecting?

4 Comments:

Blogger D said...

So i guess i should not ask how your weekend was.
Gosh! in 3 three weeks we are going to be subject to the same scrutiny :-P

7:37 AM

 
Blogger Sandgroper said...

Well, how do you deal with aunts like these? I guess it's a bit tougher for women. The anecdote is hilarious though. Especially the "mind your own business" bit at the end.

5:25 PM

 
Blogger Meghna said...

I liked my mom's response best, "She's not educated and she's never worked a day in her life so she doesn't know what it's like in the real world" :)

11:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indian girl, you are one hot mama! and intelligent, which is very very hot. Call me sometime.

10:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home