Thursday, February 01, 2007

State of Disorganization

Trying to figure out what band was playing in my CD player this morning made me realize the chaotic state of affairs my music is in. I have an old laptop, a new laptop, S's laptop, S's desktop, and an external hard drive. All of these devices contain different libraries of music. The external is supposed to be a backup, but we are nowhere near backing everything up and there is already some level of redundancy as far as music goes on the external. To make matters worse, I can't write to the external (NTFS formatted) from my new computer (a Mac), so all of the music I have acquired recently will need another form of backup. Now add to that all of my digital music players. Please don't judge me, but I have four iPods. Yes four. I know it's ridiculous and I know that someone at Apple marketing is thrilled to learn that his paycheck is well earned, but I promise that I have a very reasonable explanation on how I got each of my four iPods (another time). I have different music on all four iPods, they are not completely synced to any of my music libraries, and I also have music on my iPods that is not in any of the libraries. And then there is S's iPod (not included in the 4 count). He has music on his iPod that I want which is also not on any of the computers. Oh, and one final thing. There are also plenty of CDs that I have that I haven't yet ripped (including the one from this morning, which incidentally was Taking Back Sunday) and they are not in any of the libraries or on any of the iPods. I have a vision of all of my music on an external hard drive free of redundancy, and an iPod (just one) that contains all of this music with perfectly organized playlists, but I have no idea on how to achieve this vision. Someone please help!!! Any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home