Saturday, October 07, 2006

Overheard

While deciding rooming arrangements (it should be said that there are A LOT of Asians in our department) for an upcoming retreat:

"What do we do with Young Ho? Where do we put Young Ho?"

When students registered for the retreat, it was recommended that they list their roommate preferences. Someone listed: "Any Chinese graduate student"

Departmental flag football team:
QB: "I've got to say though, I'm the best quarterback we've had yet"
RB: [Sincerely] "I can't argue that"
Me: (Not sincerely] "Yah, you only had like two interceptions"
QB: [Almost proudly] "I had four interceptions"
RB: [Mockingly] "We really need to play the Filipino Student Association next"
Me: "I think you guys are becoming everyone else's Filipino Student Association"

Is it any wonder I love going to the lab so much? This is just a small excerpt from one day. There definitely is no shortage of laughs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home