Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Slow and steady...


Amid concerns from some about how I've been pushing the running too hard lately (I haven't), I thought I'd post an image of my latest running accomplishment. This was my Tuesday run. Note the steadiness of the pace. Almost a straight line with zero slope indicating a consistent, albeit slower than I'd like, running speed. Also, this was the longest distance I've ever run in my whole life: seven miles. I defy anyone to run four or five times a week for more than two weeks and not get addicted to the high. To the feeling of accomplishment and immense strength you feel when you're done. It's also so encouraging when you see improvement in your pace, endurance, health, stress level, and overall well being. Perhaps when my knees start cracking, I'll start singing a different tune, but until then...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandgroper said...

Hey good job with the run.. Did you buy the iPod / Nike combine for this data?? (iBoot??)

Am in Spain this week.. And Madrid is like LA in a twillight zone.. Everyone speaks spanish and hotel people speak English.. Everything else looks quite similar.. The freeways look the same, the people are whiter but mostly speaking spanish..

Dont think I shall remember your birthday on the day, since chances are I shall be travelling, but while I do remember, have a good one and a peaceful year ahead.. Not sure if D will be writing in as well, since she is dead busy as well.. so on her behalf as well..

Cheers,
C

11:51 AM

 
Blogger Meghna said...

Thanks! I have the Nike+ iPOD sensor, but not the shoes. It's basically just a very fancy pedometer. And the online tools are pretty cool. Like the graphs it generates.

I know people that have to travel lots for work don't generally like it, but it sounds great. I'd love to go to Spain. Spanish food is supposed to be some of the best.

No worries about the happy birthday. I'm grateful you guys still remember. Thank you for the wishes!!

I know you may not be able to come to this side when you're in the States, but call us. :)

9:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home